Horizon 2020 is the EU Research and Innovation Framework Programme with nearly €80 billion of funding available for the period 2014-2020. The programme supports the 'Europe 2020' growth strategy which places research and innovation at the centre of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, while effectively tackling societal challenges.
The three main pillars of the Programme are:
- Excellent Science: World-class scientific research to attract the best scientists to the EU.
- Industrial Leadership: Investment in Key Enabling Technologies, such as nanotechnology-microelectronics, participation of the private sector, creation of innovative businesses.
- Societal Challenges: Tackling the major societal challenges, such as an aging population, depletion of energy resources, climate change.
The National Documentation Centre (EKT) acts as National Contact Point for "Horizon 2020", supporting the participation of Greek organisations to the Programme.
Horizon 2020 Events
Horizon 2020 Calls for Proposals
The networks include information and advisory services which help with the preparation and submission of proposals, finding partners, implementation of the project and the exploitation of results.
Enterprise Europe Network-Hellas
EKT is the Greek node for the Enterprise Europe Network, the largest network supporting SMEs in the exploitation of business opportunities in the EU and globally.
The project is implementing the pilot programme Open Access to research in the EU within the 7th Framework Programme. All researchers who are funded by the EU will have to publish the results of their research on an open access infrastructure, so that they are accessible online to everyone. EKT is the Greek Open Access Centre for research results within the 7th FP.
EKT acts as a National Contact Point for the Pan-European Networks in the following programmes:
Greek participation in Horizon 2020
Greek participation in Horizon 2020 and the 7th Framework Programme is documented in the special reports and studies published by EKT, along with indicators highlighting important aspects of domestic research activities.
- An Analysis of the state of research and development co-operation between Greece and Germany
- 5 years of excellence in the European Research Area, 2007-2011: The case of Greece
More EKT publications on Greek participation in Horizon 2020 and the 7th Framework Programme here.
National Documentation Centre (EKT)
National Contact Point for "Horizon 2020"
48 Vassileos Constantinou Av, GR-11635, Athens, Greece
tel.: 0030 210 7273925